May 16, 2008

Imagine

Yesterday morning I woke up and decided it was time for me to branch out and try public transportation on my own! What was I thinking? I am currently living about 30 minutes outside the city so I must take the bus to the church each morning or find a ride. Well this particular morning I had to be at the church at 9:15 AM, I could either tell the group to go without me and not go at all, I would miss Josh McDowell speaking and stay in Bucha for the day or attempt to take the bus to the city on my own. As I left the house to walk to the bus stop, the family said see you later as I walked out the door. They informed me I need bus 381 CB - okay no problem I thought I can do that.

I watched at least 3 buses go by with 381 on them and I decided I need to get on a bus soon as I had to be at the church in 30 minutes so I boarded the bus paid the fare and down the road we went. About 1 km from my stop the bus took a left hand turn, OH NO this is not the way I need to go. Do I call somebody, but who, who would understand English well enough to understand what I am saying? I am in a small pickle, I am in the very back of the bus the only way out is in the front and it is standing room only. Are you getting the picture. I remained calm and continued on the bus for another 15 minutes or so. When I arrived at a metro station I pushed my way to the door so i could get off the bus before I broke down. At the metro station I recognized the street and new I was about two stops from the church, do I attempt another form of public transportation like the metro - under ground unable to see where I am traveling - okay maybe I can do better on the metro I thought. I walked through the tunnel people every where, I decided not to brave the metro I would rather see where I was traveling so above ground I went out of the tunnel and into the day light. By this time I have been traveling for about an hour already. No problem, I some what know where I am, I will just walk :) About 16 blocks later I am one block from the church and my friend Vilodi found me. We walked back to the metro station to travel to see Josh McDowell...

Live and learn try new things what is the worst that can happen you get lost, trial and error. Later that day I found out the bus made a left due to a traffic problem. So you see I was never lost to begin with, God was by my side the entire way.

No comments: