May 18, 2009

Flock Together

I am not referring to birds of a feather flocking together - I am talking about sheep, God's sheep.

Over the past week or so I have been hit several times with the same message, so I ask the Lord what is it you are trying to tell me? The message has been about the shepherd and His sheep. Is he telling me I am the lost sheep, is He telling me to go after the one and leave the 99, is He simply expressing the importance of being a part of a flock? To this day I am not sure, but I know it will be clear to me one day soon.

I was asked to write a very brief children's story about a sheep. I first decided to research sheep to find out more about the animal. The one big lesson for me was that they travel in a flock for protection from their enemies. As Christians are we not taught to do the same. This is why fellowship is so important, why being a part of a church family makes a difference in your christian walk and why we have the strength to be able to face challenges in life. A church family provides support in so many different ways. I am reminded daily I cannot do anything on my own.

No comments: