May 27, 2008

One Month

One month in Kiev, I am not settled yet, I think it will take a while?

It is like a puzzle. When I work on a puzzle I like to dump all the pieces out of the box, then I begin to flip them all over so the right side is facing up, from there I like to locate all the outside pieces to make the frame of the puzzle, then I begin to fill in the whole picture.
Right now, I suppose I am trying to locate all the pieces to put together the puzzle frame. Where does each piece belong? I haven’t even looked at the big picture yet, maybe just a glimpse; however, I am not quite ready to put it all together yet. The frame must be built, prayer, support, a place to live, learn the language, build relationships, become familiar with new surroundings, learn the culture, etc…

I need to be accepting of the fact that this is a major change in life and it is okay that all the pieces of the puzzle are not in place just yet. I feel as if the frame is coming together and a few pieces of the inside structure are being placed together. Next week we will have a medical mission team here to see children from the district. This will allow the church an opportunity to reach out to many of the children. This will be the first major outreach opportunity towards the orphans since I have been here. It will serve as a building block, as these children will also be invited to attend VBS at the church only three weeks after. I am excited to see what other pieces God will put together with the children.

I need to remember it is only one piece at a time. All the pieces will come together in God’s perfect timing. All the pieces will create a beautiful picture when it is completed. As of today, I remain living outside the city, language school has been placed on hold one more week due to the medical missions and the orphans at the church next week, support is at approximately fifty percent, I am building relationships, becoming more familiar with the area and learning the culture every day. For now that will have to be enough.

No comments: