May 21, 2008

Passion Kyiv 2008


It is my third Friday night in Kyiv and I am living 20 km outside the city, most individuals travel by public transportation however, I am a bit shy about traveling by myself due to my mishap one day earlier. I really want to attend Passion how do I get there and who do I go with? The people I do know are already busy and not attending Passion. I called Inna, she is getting married in one week and is not able to go, I called Ira and Tonya they are both sick and cannot go. So Ira took it upon herself to call a friend she knew spoke English thinking I needed an interpretor.

Vlad called me and I said there is this concert I really would like to attend tomorrow night, he said no problem what time does it begin, where should we meet and how should we travel there? WOW, I did not even think I said I will be at the church could you meet me there and we can travel by the metro to downtown. What did I just agree to? I am having a total stranger take me to a concert in a city of 5 million people? I did not think about in any longer, I must be at Passion somehow, some way I will attend. I did find out just before leaving for the concert he does know my pastor so I felt fine about it.

I am so glad I went. Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redmon, Charlie Hall all in one place at one time praising the Lord - in Kyiv - in ENGLISH! What a blessing, it was exactly what I needed to be refreshed. Shine your light, walk with God, be a blessing to others, there is nobody more famous than Jesus!

Vlad and his sister Oksana live in Bucha too so it was the metro to the train to Bucha after the concert that night. No problem when you trust in the Lord. Life is good.

No comments: