May 21, 2008

Wednesday May 21, 2008

Another good day here in Ukraine. I received a ride to the office today to meet my new friend and co-worker Vovo. I asked Vovo to travel via metro with me to the language school so I would not get lost, he was happy to help. As we were traveling on the metro he reminded me that the work I desire to do as it say in James is very important and respectable. ( James 1:27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.) I also spoke with my new friend Aimee yesterday and she explained with mission work rarely is it ever what you expect!

I am one who likes to jump into my work head first and get started. I am reminded daily that God is in control. There are so many things that need to happen and be taken care of before I may begin my work directly with the orphan children. As that is my passion the Lord is telling me to wait on Him, in His timing. I am being molded more and more each day.

The sun is shining today and there is a gentle breeze to cool the warmth of the sun. How beautiful it is ! I love the fact that every where you walk there are vendors on the street selling produce or flowers, it is amazing you feel like an apple as you are walking or as you get off the metro you buy one it is as simple as that. Take time today to enjoy a walk, absorb the warmth of the sun that God has provided.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Nice... Glad you are being blessed.